Dina Thorslund’s promoter has dismissed an approach for Briton Francesca Hennessy to fight the undisputed bantamweight world champion as “not a real offer”.
Boxxer, who promotes Hennessy, said it had offered the Danish fighter close to $250,000 (£183,000) to face the 21-year-old in the UK in November or December.
Hennessy is the WBC’s number one challenger, but Most Valuable Promotions (MVP) and Thorslund’s management said the offer lacked key details, while they also disputed the reported fee.
“We never go to the media to discuss financial offers among fighters and promoters, but there was very little detail in their ‘offer’ and, most importantly, no broadcaster, date or venue attached,” MVP head of matchmaking Mike Leanardi told BBC Sport.
“We would never agree to a fight involving an A-side undisputed champion on what is effectively a shopping agreement.
“It’s not a real offer. If there is a genuine opportunity with a confirmed broadcaster and date, we will engage with them more meaningfully if Dina wants us to.”
Boxxer promoter Ben Shalom said earlier on Wednesday that the two promotions were in talks over a potential fight, with Hennessy looking to become the youngest undisputed world champion in four-belt history.